The Rabun County Chamber of Commerce is a non-profit business association whose mission is to "Serve as a Catalyst for Business Success and Community Development." We help our members grow by providing clear value through exclusive marketing, networking, training, and benefits programs. Every day we help connect our business members to potential customers. However, we are also here to help our community through exciting and beneficial events.
Our Chamber is a trusted source of information for locals and visitors alike. Our memberhsip continues to grow and our Welcome Center has become a go-to spot for the latest in Where to Stay, Where to Dine and What to Do.
If you'd like to know more about our community, please browse through this website, stop by our Welcome Center on Highway 441 in Clayton, or call us at 706-782-4812. We're here to help you grow!
- Welcome Center - One of the most visited locations in Rabun County is the Welcome Center, with over 15,000 visitors annually. Your Chamber Membership allows you to post your business information and brochures. Our staff is a trusted source for making referrals within the region.
- Website - Through your personal member portal, you can publicize your business, advertise events, post coupons and weekly specials, and register for Chamber programs on this website which is a primary website for Rabun County.
- Email Update - Get the word out to our members through our email updates. Post your events and news to our members at no charge. This update is a trusted “go to” source for many in the region to stay in touch with the latest business news and county happenings.
- Local Media - Business openings and events are widely publicized in our community through the Chamber. Our communications options include local radio stations, newspapers and magazines, and a membership-wide electronic newsletter.
- Business After Hours - Available only to Members, Business After Hours provides a fun environment to meet your fellow members and let them know about what you do. Host a Business After Hours for maximum exposure or simply attend these free monthly functions to meet your fellow members, unwind after work, and network with other members. These events are held on the 4th week of each month at 5:30 PM.
- Ribbon Cuttings - Publicize your grand opening to fellow members or attend and show your support. These events offer a great opportunity to meet new members and network with your fellow professionals in the community.
- Special Events - Your Chamber is very active in coordinating community-wide forums geared toward the professional. Among these are our Professional Day Luncheon in April, which hits on key current issues in the workplace, and the Legislative Reception that brings leading politicians to Rabun County to discuss future trends. We also are proud to sponsor The Moonshine 'n Mulligans golf tournament each fall and an annual Members Breakfast toward the end of each year.
- Online Account Management - Members have 24-hour access to their account portal for management of their personalized listing, events postings, online fees payment, and convenient access to a number of other benefits.
- Job Postings - Through our online account portal, Members can post positions which are then displayed on our Chamber website (www.gamountains.com).
- Job Fairs – Our Chamber organizes and hosts job fairs for the benefit of our members and communities. This service helps our members find quality employees without paying for advertising or search firms. We take care of all of the details for you. This program has helped put Rabun Countians back to work as well as find quality employees for our area businesses.
- Free Webpage - Small businesses can use Chamber-sponsored server space to quickly and easily develop and host their own webpage to promote their business.
- Meeting Space - Our Welcome Center provides free meeting space to members during normal business hours (9AM to 5 PM). We have two conference rooms available - a 30-person meeting area and a more private 4-person business center. Internet access, and printer services are available.
- Group Insurance - Chamber membership gives you and your employees access to our special group association insurance benefit program.
- Business Advisory Team (B.A.T.) - This program matches Member businesses with a personal coach to provide free consulting to help grow or refine your business or product. Coaches in the BAT program are chosen from among the most successful and senior business leaders in our community and work one-on-one with Members.
- Seminars - Through the Chamber, you will have access to seminars and training classes to help develop your professional skills. Topics include marketing, financing, and workplace regulations. Classes are designed to be hands-on, relevant, and focused on skills development from the professional’s point of view.
Leadership Rabun is a program designed to develop the current and emerging leadership potential existing in our community. The program brings together individuals from diverse backgrounds and experiences who have a demonstrated a talent and commitment to leadership. Through the Leadership program, these individuals have an unprecedented opportunity to increase their awareness of today’s social and economic changes and their impact on our community.
The program will:
- Identify promising leaders from the various geographic, ethnic, occupational and economic segments of Rabun County.
- Provide programs and information on issues and problems of the region by using the perspectives and skills of local leaders engaged in addressing those items today.
- Build a network of current and former participants to expand the range of associations for each member and provide mechanisms to maintain these connections in the future.
- Develop and foster a higher degree of civic and community involvement by participants.
Leadership Rabun is an exciting and unique opportunity for those selected for the program. Once a month, from September to February participants will attend full day seminars on specific high priority topics, and put those skills to use by participating in a class project addressing an area of community concern.
- Communication Skills
- Partnerships, Diversity
- Values & Ethical Choices
- Coalition Building
- Leadership Styles
- Team Building
Understanding Our Community
- History of Rabun County
- Human Needs & Services
- Justice System
- Local, Regional & Georgia Government
- Environment, Quality of Life
- Education, Media
- Community Planning
Area businesses, public and private agencies, civic and other organizations are asked to identify and support persons with leadership potential for the Leadership Rabun program. Candidates for Leadership Rabun must be interested in the future of Rabun County and be committed to personal involvement in shaping its future. Candidates not selected for the current year's program will be encouraged to re-apply for the program in subsequent years, as our program size is limited. Tuition for Leadership Rabun is $475 and may be paid by the candidate, the candidate's firm or organization, or by a contributed scholarship.
For more information, contact us or call Tony Allred at (706) 782-4812.
Board of Directors
Irene Bynum , Chairman - Individual Member
(Executive, Membership, Programs)
Sean Lawson, 1st Vice Chair - StrongCord Systems / WyHive
(Executive, Finance, Technology/Communications)
Lisa Henry, Secretary - Rabun Reflexology
Juanita Shope, Treasurer - Regions Bank
(Executive, Finance, Programs, Welcome Center)
Kathy Blalock - Kathy Blalock & Associates
Robert Knighton - Individual Member
Carl Butler - Butler Galleries
(Welcome Center, Events)
Donna Speed - Northeast Georgia Heating & Air
Cheryl Barber - Rabun Gap Nacoochee School
Dr. Stephen Jarrard - Tiger Clinic
Nicole Queen - United Community Bank
Tony Allred, President
Kay NeSmith, Welcome Center Manager
(Committee Assignments in Parenthesis)